- Easy mailing and newsletter creation: newsletter HTML body based on single MODX templates or plain-text.
- Automatic Bounce Handling: GoodNews can automatically handle bouncing emails and disable or remove inactive subscribers.
- Scheduled sending: send newsletters at a scheduled time.
- Flexible groups and categories: manage your subscribers in highly flexible groups and/or categories of interests.
- MODX context support: support of multiple MODX contexts and mailing containers within each context.
- Ultrafast sending engine: ultrafast sending based on parallel sending processes (multi threaded!).
- Multi language interface: GoodNews currently comes with this languages: English, German, French.
- Preinstalled front-end resources: ready to use: 2-factor subscriptions based on interests, 1-click unsusbcription, editing of subscription profiles.
- Content Collections: automatically insert pre-formatted lists of Resource documents into your mail body (e.g. list of news or products).
- Mailings based on subscribers interests: send mailings based on group and/or categories selection.
- Mailings to internal MODX User groups: Send mailings to internal MODX User groups.
- Import of subscribers: CSV Import of subscribers and automatic groups/categories assignments.
- Simultaneous sending: simultaneous sending of multiple mailing campaigns.
- Unattended sending: start your sending jobs, close the browser window and let GoodNews do the rest.
- GoodNews requires MODX 2.2.1 or later
- PHP 5.3 (or later)
- MODX running on MySQL database, MSSQL is currently not supported
- PHP exec enabled on server for multi-threaded sending (optional but strongly recommended!)
- PHP IMAP extension for automatic bounce handling (optional)
- pThumb extension for automatic image resizing (optional)
- A time-based job scheduler like CRON.
In some hosting plans and server environments, cron jobs are not available, prohibited or limited. But thankfully there are many web-based cron-job providers available with free or payed cron services. Here you can find a collection of web-based cron-job providers www.cronjobservices.com.